Tuesday 3 March 2009

A British Ex-pat DISASTER

A great catastrophe has occurred, that only a British ex-pat can truly understand. It is making me wonder if we should go home. Life as I know it can not really continue. It has been an oversight of such catastrophic proportions that I can't believe I didn't see it coming. I'm in deep mourning and feeling pretty jittery.

We have run out of Marmite.

(note to the non-British readers of the blog who don't have a clue what marmite is: it is a black tar like substance which we spread, thinly, on toast. No one outside of the UK can understand the obsession with it and most non-Brits think it is utterly disgusting. It does look pretty foul and doesn't really smell that great either. We adore it.)

2 comments:

WeDoAdventure said...

I've got to confess I'm in the 'hate it' camp! However, find yourself an Australian and you might find some Vegemite, which is, I'm told, basically the same thing.

Anonymous said...

At first I though you wrote marmot, which I suppose could spread like a tarish black substance that looks pretty foul and doesn't smell great either.

Next time I'll just go ahead and finish reading your post before letting my imagination run off like that.