First up, from the lovely Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow: You blog is Bloody Brilliant. This award has no strings attached. Nothing to do. Just send it on to a few others whose blog you love. So, this award goes out to the other mothers of small boys. As we are run off our feet enough as it is picking up cars, with reflexes of catches that would make an English cricketing slip catcher jealous, we can deal with balls, noise, fighting and general pandemonium. Sitting quietly doesn't happen. Often. But, but, our boys, they love their Mummies. So without further ado, I give you the Your Blog is Bloody Brilliant award for my fellow Mothers of Brothers:
Mummadeede aka Dee Parrot (who deserves a special mention for being the British Mummy Bloggers 500th member!)
Next up is one for the Dads out there. Again, I'm supposed to do something but can't remember what so I'm just going to get on with dishing it out the Honest (s)crap award, which was awarded to me by Half Mum Half Biscuit who has sensibly gone on holiday. I've noticed that the Dads don't tend to do this award thing much, so am issuing a vague challenge to them to actually pass it on. To someone that doesn't already have it (and that, my father friends is a serious challenge indeed).
Finally, and I have to say I'm impressed if you are still with me, I'm starting to lose the will to live, we have the MeMeMeMe award, from Maternal Tales and from Muddling Along Mummy. I do have to do something for this (curses).
I need to list 7 things about me. See my cunning plan in leaving this until last, I figure that noone will still actually be reading, so I'm not really revealing anything.
1. I have no patience. None at all. This can make parenting difficult.
2. About the only household chore I ever get under control is washing. The rest of it is a disaster. But we do always have clean clothes to wear.
3. I totally and utterly adore my boys, even though they drive me demented on a regular basis.
4. I'm doing a PhD on football and reconciliation in post-conflict societies.
5. I once trained with the Sierra Leonean National Sprint team. I am the slowest runner that you (or anyone else you know) knows. They lapped me many times and I never got asked back.
6. I might be a slow runner, but I can keep going. 2 marathons later I can agree with my Dad's advice - let those greyhounds go out fast, by the 15th mile you'll be winding them back in. So true.
7. I need to start earning some money again soon to feed my TOAST sale addiction.
Ok, this is to go to 7 bloggers whose only connecting feature is that they are great and they deserve all the awards that they get.
Ok - that is it. Well, it might not be as I've also been tagged a load, but I'm losing the will to live. Feel free to use a different award if you've already got the one I've tagged you for. I'm off to have a strong coffee and sit outside for 5 minutes to recover.