Friday 24 October 2008

So long direct flights to London...

Arrrggghhhhh - BA have just flown their last direct flight to London. From now on, if we want to fly from Sarajevo to the UK we need to go via Budapest (a very nice city but the wrong direction) or Vienna (apparently very nice, but never been so can't really comment). Alternatively we can drive to Zagreb - a cool 6 hour bus ride, always fun with 2 small children - or trundle into Belgrade, not as far as Zagreb but bus connections are a nightmare. Neither city is in Bosnia.

Not sure when I shall have the energy to brave the 2 toddler journey back to the UK. The direct flight option nearly killed me last time. The thought of complicating the journey is not one that I relish.

As an aside, Granny decided that it would be a waste not to make the most of the direct flights and has been hanging out in Tuzla for the last couple of days. The boys have loved having her around, as have I. Back to the grindstone tomorrow...

2 comments:

WeDoAdventure said...

Yeah, we'd heard this news and it sucks! Our options are Split or Dubrovnik, again both outside BiH.

Anonymous said...

You can fly with Lufthansa to Sarajevo via Munich. It's not too expensive neither.
I travel every other month to Bosnia, and so far it hasnt bankrupted me.
But if you need any help on that front give me a shout via tdelich@williamhill.co.uk